Well hello again! As you may have noticed, my blog revolves around inspiring YOU. However, I haven’t really gone into detail about my personal life so I figured I’d connect with you a little bit more by sharing more information about me.
20 Facts About Me
- I don’t have a middle name but I sign my name with the initials SMV. Magdalene was my confirmation name and one day while writing my name out in high school, I created my now signature and it just stuck.
- I knocked my little brother’s tooth out while on a computer in middle school. He was being the typical little brother poking me saying, “I’m not touching you! I’m not touching you!” So I karate chopped him from my seat and he had to wear a device for the next month to heal it back in place.
- I cannot stand beer and have tried to enjoy it but I just can’t. Makers and Diet girl!
- I am not naturally athletic. I was the person in gym class telling you not to pick me and I felt so bad when my teams would lose.
- You’d think that I’ve been dancing my whole life, but honestly I had only started my freshman year of high school. I was a cheerleader since 6th grade but never had the technical skills a dancer requires. I couldn’t do a pirouette freshman year, but it was my passion and by junior year through hard work and dedication, I made my high school dance team.
- I used to be afraid of my shadow when I was younger.
- I got my appendix taken out in first grade and when I came back the whole class was so sweet to me and understood what I went through because Mrs. Eichas made them watch Madeline.
- I like sleeping between 55 degrees and 66 degrees. Yes, I know the exact degrees. I like to bundle up with my blankets!
- I cry at sentimental scenes and I scream at the top of my lungs at scary trailers in the theatres. I guess you could say I’m emotional.
- I am in love with the doo wop era! Dion and the Belmonts baby! I will have a sock hop party by the time I’m 30, I PROMISE you!
- My top bucket list travel destination is Mykonos, Greece. I will visit by the time I’m 29.
- Unless it’s my mom’s food, I don’t like Mexican food anymore. I’m over it, I’d rather have an Italian beef, dry, with mozzarella, and giardiniera.
- When I was little, I played Super Mario with my brothers so much, I forced myself to eat mushrooms because I thought I’d get taller.
- I got a detention in 5th grade because I cartwheeled across the hallway.
- I got an academic scholarship to Dominican University and I loved the campus because it looked like Hogwart’s to me. I chose the University of Illinois at Chicago because it was public and more opportunities to meet people.
- I’ve never gone camping. I know, I live in a box.
- I initially majored in accounting then quickly realized I didn’t want to deal with just numbers all day. So, I switched my major to Business Management so I could interact with people more and do more of what I was born to do.
- My favorite childhood memory was having sleepovers with my brothers and having movie nights. Literally, every night in the summer, Esto would have me and Orlando make our sleeping area at the foot of his bed on the ground and we would watch movie after movie after movie. Our favorites included Remember the Titans, Pearl Harbor, and Home Alone.
- My biggest fear is not getting married to the love of my life. Ahhh… I can’t believe I actually confessed that on my blog. I used to be scared to admit that because I feel like people will respond with, “you don’t need someone to make you happy.” In fact, I understand that reaction and 100% agree. Happiness is found within, not expectant of another individual. But, it’s okay to be a romantic!
- My biggest vision for my life is to help other people remember what their passions are. As we get older, we forget the things that make our soul happy. For me, dancing has been my passion and I have not left it to this day. The amount of joy I get from it is inexplicable and I want everyone to know the feeling.
So, there you have it! A poured out heart giving you some unique facts about me. I have to admit I cried writing a couple of them. Comment below on which ones you think I teared up at!